John Hallman Legislative Consulting
Legislative Affairs Services
Represent your interests before the Florida Legislature, including meeting with Legislators to provide substantive information on your issue and speaking on your behalf in legislative committees.
Engaging Grassroots Activism for your cause
I set myself apart from any other lobbyist, by utilizing a network of liberty activists around the state to contact legislators to support your cause. The key to successful grassroots lobbying efforts is assembling people who share common goals and concerns.
Successful grassroots strategies include implementation of timely, statewide “calls to action” to key decision-makers, legislators, and their staff result in highly effective advocacy strategies. I bring the people of Florida the most in-depth and unbiased information in each legislative analysis, and give the people the tools needed to keep our elected officials accountable.
Methodology including technical approach and understanding of the scope of the project
Preparation is the foundation for success in securing legislative successes. Lance Armstrong, used to say, “I don’t win the Tour de France in July. I win it in December.” That sentiment underscores my work on behalf of clients. I position our clients for success before they even set foot in Tallahassee. Here’s how:
1. My process begins in September with the first of the interim committee weeks (November in election years). In this first week, we will introduce the issue to legislators to go into bill drafting as legislation.
2. I will create “White Papers” describing the issue with the main points of what the legislation will accomplish and bring the issue to all legislators throughout the capital as we await the final language from drafting.
3. When the legislative language is complete I will begin the process of finding legislators to sponsor and cosponsor the issue.
4. As session begins I will work with committee chairs and staff to have the legislation be heard in committees. During this process I will be mindful of amendments that could change the dynamic of the legislation.
5. I will continue through the committee process working with chairpersons and committee staffs to move the legislation through the legislative process.
6. Work through floor votes to ensure amendments do not change the dynamic of the legislation.
7. Work with the governor’s office for signature.